The DT5550W is a ASIC reliable prototyping board designed to readout Analog and Digital ASIC. This platform is designed for imaging purpose: Calorimetry, Silicon Tracker, Medical Imaging.
The platform offer up to 220 digital high speed I/O and 8, 80 MSPS 14 bit ADC channels. Almost all modern front-end ASIC can be validated with this system It is possible to read-out:
- Pre-amplifier/shaper only ASIC with dedicated Analog output for each channels
- Multiplexed channels Analog Output ASIC
- Digital only ASIC, for example ASIC with only comparator insiede designed for applications requiring only timing information
- ASIC with integrated ADC and/or TDC
- 50 ps resolution TDC on Petiroc ASIC
SCICompiler implements all Virtual Blocks to:
- Implements trapezoidal filter or charge integration to measure the energy of the pulses
- 0.5ns TDC in order to timestamp events and implement TOT
- Analog De-Multiplexer to readout data from multiplexed ASIC
- WeeROC ASIC Decoders blocks
- The DT5550W devices could interface to the ASICs slow control using SPI, I2C or Parallel interface.
DT5550W ASIC READOUT SYSTEM
The DT5550W system is based on a programmable FPGA that can be configured through a graphical developing platform. The platform can host different daughter cards to evaluate WeeRoc ASIC. The DT5550W can be used in laboratory to implement a full working experimental setup minimizing the development time and cost.