The i-Spector PSD is a compact tube-like neutron detector system based on SiPM, featuring high detection efficiency and wide dynamic range. It is a valuable solution for compact and lightweight instruments for radioactive material identification or environmental measurements.
i-Spector PSD is a solution dedicated to those users that need the versatility of a compact system for neutron/gamma discrimination. Its profile makes it ideal for many portable applications where size, weight and power consumption are important constraints. For example, it is suitable for hand-held instruments for border control against illicit traffic of radioactive material.
i-Spector PSD is based on a SiPM area (12×12 or 24×24 mm2) coupled to a fast neutron-sensitive plastic scintillation crystal (EJ-276). The unit is full-featured with a preamplifier stage, integrated HV for SiPM biasing, a 250 MSps 12-bit ADC and a microcontroller to perform real-time pulse shape analysis. It can be controlled through Ethernet and it provides as output an amplified analog signal, a 4k channels energy spectrum and a PSD scatterplot calculated onboard.
We obtained a Figure of Merit (FoM) for Gamma/Neutron discrimination of 2.50 in the 1÷1.5 MeV energy range.
The i-Spector PSD can be controlled via a user-friendly web-based interface. It is possible to easily configure and monitor the device, view the results of the PSD algorithm on a scatterplot, access the energy spectrum, process it online, perform energy calibration and peaks gaussian fitting.
Multiple i-Spector tubes can be connected and controlled from a single PC. The API interface allows the user to control multiple devices using very simple http requests and JSON vectors. A cloud server (Rad Cloud) allows the user to collect data from multiple i-Spector and display them on maps or interactive tables.
- All-in-one detector and electronics for Gamma–Neutron Discrimination
- Based on a SiPM area up to 1″x 1″ and EJ- 276 Plastic Scintillation Crystal (up to 1 x 1 x 1.2 inch3)
- Realtime Pulse Shape Analysis running onboard
- PSD performances: FoM ~ 2.50 in 1÷1.5 MeV range and FoM > 1.27 in 200÷300 keV range.
- 20-80 V Integrated High Voltage for SiPM biasing
- Ethernet connectivity
- Web-based interface with spectrum analysis tools and PSD scatterplot
- Tube-like compact form factor : Ø 60 mm, h 135 mm
- Rad Cloud software for multiple detector networking (FREE TRIAL)
This product is sold with CAEN