The V2495 is a general purpose programmable FPGA and I/O unit housed in a 1-unit wide VME 6U module. The board is a suitable solution for the implementation of digital functions such as Coincidence, Trigger Logic, Gate and Delay generator, Input/Output Register and more.
The architecture of the V2495 is based on the User FPGA (Altera Cyclone V 5CGXC4, 50K Logic Elements) which is directly interfaced to the front panel I/Os (up to 162 inputs and up to 130 outputs) and to an internal local bus.
The V2495 can be controlled and programmed “on the fly” via the VME Bus or directly through the Mini-USB connector on the front panel. A Software tool is provided for free to easily upload the custom Firmware on the User FPGA.
The V2495 is also completed by 32 internal delay lines that can be used to generate programmable gate and delay signals. The channel interface can be freely expanded by adding up to three independent piggyback boards (there are 3 expansion slots interfaced to the User FPGA), choosing between the five available types:
- A395A 32 LVDS/ECL/PECL input channels
- A395B 32 LVDS output channels
- A395C 32 ECL output channels
- A395D 8 NIM/TTL input/output channels
- A395E 8 Analog output 16bit channels
Therefore, the Mod. V2495 can achieve a maximum number of 194 I/O channels.
- User customisable FPGA Unit
- LVDS/ECL/PECL inputs (differential)
- 64 inputs, expandable to 162 (with 32 outputs)
- 32 outputs, expandable to 130 (with 64 inputs)
- 32 independent programmable Gate and Delay Generators
- 3 expansion slots for piggyback board
- Mini-USB 2.0 Connection
- Available in Desktop version DT5495
This product is sold with CAEN