The NIPM-12 SiPM Power Module is a compact and integrated solution to provide stable and noiseless power supply for single and array / matrix SiPM detectors. High resolution Output Voltage and Output Current measurements enable the NIPM-12 to be used for I-V detector characterization. Digital (UART, I2C and USB with external dongle) and analog control interface are runtime selectable by a single pin or a digital command. The module integrates a temperature HV loop that regulates the SiPM output voltage as a programmable function of the SiPM temperature coefficient.
- 20-85V Output Voltage
- 10mA Output Current
- 1mV Output Voltage step
- Less than 300uV rms noise, less the 100uV for frequency > 10KHz
- User Selectable Digital / Analog output voltage control
- Automatic temperature feedback on the output voltage
- Support for remote analog temperature sensor on the detector unit
- Internal memory for permanent storage of calibration and configuration
- UART/I2C digital control + Analog input (0-4.5V)
- Real-time Output Voltage and Output Current monitoring
- 60nA resolution on measured Output Current
- 1.5 mV resolution on measured Output Voltage
- 0.05 °C resolution on measured Temperature
- Programmable Voltage and Current compliance
- Extremely compact: 35 x 39 x 5 mm
- Sourface mount SMD module
- Input Voltage: 5V – 26V
- Power consumption: 100 mW (without load)
FUNCTIONAL DIAGRAMNIPM12 module is a complex SoC that integrates an high voltage generator and a monitor system. Both input LDO and output filter operate to minimize the output noise shaping it to limit as much as possible the high frequency noise (over 10KHz).
The integrate microcontroller implements a VT100 interface, a serial protocol and an I2C interface.
The module can also controlled in analog way using a regerence voltage and control pins.
ZEUS SoftwareZEUS is a Windows compatible software that allows to control multiple NIPM12 and NIPM12-U modules using RS232 or USB connection. The software is based on a user friendly GUI that allows the parameters configuration and the data logging on file. It integrates realtime plot capabilities (voltage, current and temperature) with the possibility to superimpose measuraments from several modules. ZEUS software is the simplest way to program temperature LUT compensation.
Managing of multiple modules with a simple parameters table